Helpful Telephone Numbers:
- 2-1-1 is a free, easy-to-remember phone number connecting callers with health and human services in their area. Knowledgeable staff will speak with you and answer your questions. You can call for assistance seven days a week, 24 hours a day.
Note: There are some scenarios where a caller is not able to dial 2-1-1 directly. If you are calling from outside of Texas, or have technical difficulties when dialing from your cell phone, voice-over-IP, or office location, then please dial the alternate access number at 1-877-541-7905. You can also visit the 2-1-1 Texas website to find the phone number to your local 2-1-1 Area Information Center.
- Call the HHSC Ombudsman office at 1-877-787-8999 if you have problems or complaints about a state agency health and human service or program.
The HHSC Civil Rights Office investigates claims of discrimination filed by clients and employees. If you need to talk to someone about concerns of discrimination or would like to file a discrimination complaint, please call 1-888-388-6332 (TDD 512-438-2960, TTY 1-877-432-7232).
Helpful Online Databases:
Attendant Network helps you search for personal attendants.
Note: HHSC is not affiliated with the Attendant Network and does not screen the attendants listed through the network. Before hiring any personal attendant, consumers should carefully interview potential personal attendants and check references.
- Department of Aging and Disability Services
DFPS - Department of Family and Protective Services
- Department of State Health Services
Department of Assistive and Rehabilitative Services
- Health and Human Services Commission
Other State Agencies: